Important
When spotting at Maastricht Aachen Airport, please be aware of the social distance rules implied by the Dutch Government.
For further information regarding the measures, please refer to the COVID19 website of the Dutch Government.

Thanks for your understanding.

MST - Corendon

Aviation news & information concerning Maastricht Aachen Airport
Tim

With kind regards,

Tim Hendrikx
jerry

Does anybody know why the flight from BJL stopped in Dakar? Was it for fuel or other reasons?

markremmel

jerry wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:30
Does anybody know why the flight from BJL stopped in Dakar? Was it for fuel or other reasons?

There was temporarely no fuel available at BJL, therefore a fuelstop was needed.
Regards,
Mark

(All times are local times)
florianmst

I tried to have a look at the high summer schedule for Corendon today, there's a fair bit of issues at the moment so further changes are likely expected. The issues below assume that there's two aircraft based in MST.

- Monday: No frame available to operate LPA/TFS. Best solution would probably to have CAI/someone else operate Antalya.

- Tuesday: with the most recent offloading of PMI to Albastar there's room for an additional frequency here. The Ohrid flight arrives at 13:35 and spends the rest of the day at MST.

- Wednesday: No frame available to operate Hurghada on CND metal assuming that CND wants to operate Rhodos and Samos. Since there is already a Nesma flight this frequency probably will be cut and be replaced by the RHO/SMI flights.

- Thursday: No frame available to operate LPA/TFS. Best solution would probably to have CAI/someone else operate Bodrum.

- Friday: This is the biggest mess. There's an Antalya frequency here on CND that would need a third plane. This will need to be operated by someone else. AlMasria is now taking care of Hurghada on Friday, so I assume that CND won't be flying that day. This would leave the option to operate another flight on Friday afternoon somewhere.

- Saturday: contrary to other days there's some space in the timings here.

- Sunday: There's again a Hurghada flight planned in the evening here on CND metal that doesn't make sense timing wise. I think that we'll see it scrapped/operated by another carrier. This would open up the opportunity for another destination to be operated another time.
These users thanked the author florianmst for the post:
mstbun
popijopi

Hi Florian , I understand your questions/confusion . But what you see is just a general plan and fine tuning will be done after bookings are made by travellers. Take also in consideration that the core business of a touroperator is to get all contracted hotelrooms fully booked . All airports must contribute to fullfill this goal. For example if MAA gets more bookings as planned, they can choose to add more flights and/or switch to a plane with more capacity that will perform the flight. ( 2019 Antalya Atlas Global flights with A330 instead of B737 , the same in 2018 with Hifly )

Don't forget that Corendon is also affected with the B737 MAX problems . 1 plane deliverd and grounded at Turkey 2 more on order . If B737 MAX ban released in time for peak season 2020 schedules will change again .

Easiest way to understand those general plans is to compare those with production plans . ( planning - ordering - production - delivering ) Ordering is Always deviated from plans.
florianmst

Some moving around happening in the pre-season:
- Hurghada increasing to 4 times a week.
- Rhodos increasing to 5 times a week.
florianmst

The schedule at least for the pre-season (April/May) is being thrown around:
-LPA/TFS down to 1-weekly, presumably due to equipment shortage.
-HRG down to 3-weekly in April, 2-weekly in May, likewise.
-RHO back to 4-weekly.

Further updates are expected.
florianmst

So I just tried to make sense of the schedule again, and it remains difficult. I think Corendon was anticipating to have a 737 MAX in service that they obviously won't have for this summer. Once a coherent picture starts to appear I'll post it here. Some highlights of new changes:

- SMI is now a combi flight with RHO on Wednesday.
- HRG & TFS/LPA will have an evening departure from MST and fly through the night.
- An MST-based plane operates MST-KGS-AMS-KGS-MST on Thursday and Sunday.
Pascalmst

Keep an eye of PH-CDE, it has a special Eurovision Song Contest Livery applied.

Source and full article : https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... -vliegtuig
florianmst

W20/21 Bookings are opening up:

-Hurghada (HRG) 2-weekly (Wed & Sun)
-Banjul (BJL) 2-weekly (Tue & Sat, Tue only operates from 15DEC onwards)
-Sal (SID) 1-weekly (Thu)