New hub connections ? - rumours, chat

Aviation chat, general information & rumours about Maastricht Aachen Airport
27L

So far possibly MUC or IST, then there's CPH. AMS & LHR seem to be full but unsure if that means it's not possible ... what about CDG to the West ?
Lakenees

very quite on this topic; If I remember correctly some subsidies were issued on the condition of establishing a hub-connection. Any progress?
27L

Lakenees wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 14:41
very quite on this topic; If I remember correctly some subsidies were issued on the condition of establishing a hub-connection. Any progress?
.... still nothing mentioned yet. BA recently announced London - Cologne 4 x per week ... I think that sort of link would have worked really well at MST !
RHE

Let's continue the gossip about a probably new airline at our airport - starting April 19 - in this topic.

So Limburgwiki mentioned that there will be a new airline - commercing activities in April 19 - from MST to SXF, MUC and MXP.

What company will it be? My guess will be FlyBMI (the former BMI Regional). In the recent past, they flew from MUC to LGG and RTM. Also MXP is already a destination for them. They also have codeshares f.e. with Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines. Another guess could be Ryanair. They announced the closure of the base at EIN and a reduction at NRN: maybe some flights will transferred to MST? Finally, easyJet has a huge presence at MXP and SXF already and also some destinations are flown from MUC.
florianmst

If the rumor is true I'll comfortably put my money on it being EasyJet. To me, the fact that it includes MXP is the giveaway. EasyJet has bases in MXP and SXF and operates already quite extensively out of MUC. It would allow EasyJet to try out the market, possibly flying MUC in a W-pattern without taking too much risk.

Why flyBMI doesn't make sense? Unless they base an aircraft here (which I find unlikely) they have very minor presence in Milan (only service to Bristol) and currently don't fly to any of the Berlin airports. It would be one hell of a bet for a company that just got its directors replaced and is under the threat of strike.
Multiverse

If I had to bet, It would be lufthansa... Or maybe just maybe Transavia?
HansAir

My bets:
1) EasyJet
2) Eurowings
27L

HansAir wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 17:33
My bets:
1) EasyJet
2) Eurowings
... that was also my thoughts, however Eurowings do not use SXF they use TXL.

my two are now
1) EasyJet
2) FlyBMI
berg

EasyJet has opened a hotel in Maastricht this summer.

So.......EasyJet will start again.
27L

berg wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 20:37
EasyJet has opened a hotel in Maastricht this summer.

So.......EasyJet will start again.
Good point !