MAA - rumours, pax numbers, chat

Aviation chat, general information & rumours about Maastricht Aachen Airport
popijopi

Re: MAA - rumours, pax numbers, chat

Post by popijopi » 28 Dec 2017, 13:06

popijopi wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 15:03
Nice to have the Lounge section back for rumours , chat , aso.
Let's start.

Any news about : AIRPLANEHOME ? ( B727 hotel/party location at MAA ) or any update for the Airport hotel. ( former one already 3 years ago gone )

Air Hollandia plane F100 still stored , start ops was planned a couple of months ago ? No progress ? ( candidate for Munich flights ?? )

ex KLM Cityhopper F70 stored . Waiting for new owner or ??

no rumours about pax. flights for S18 from Ryanair, Wizair, Germania or others ?

More topics are easily found for this lounge, but everyone is welcome and invited to give his reaction in this section.
Please feel free to add more topics, most welcome.
Any chance that Exit E3 towards cargoterminal east will be included in further expansion plans/programs ? If more traffic is coming up, it's nice to leave the runway earlier. ( profits ? better use runway possible, less fuel consumption by reducing taxi time, noise reduction by reaching faster parking pos. at terminal East.) Competion with Liege airport will be tuff, see expansion plans announced by Liege. Second investment released for more Parking space.

emenem

Post by emenem » 28 Dec 2017, 20:25

popijopi wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 13:06
Any chance that Exit E3 towards cargoterminal east will be included in further expansion plans/programs ? If more traffic is coming up, it's nice to leave the runway earlier. ( profits ? better use runway possible, less fuel consumption by reducing taxi time, noise reduction by reaching faster parking pos. at terminal East.) Competion with Liege airport will be tuff, see expansion plans announced by Liege. Second investment released for more Parking space.
I hope they use the money for a turnpad on the beginning runway 21 instead of E3...

Siem

Post by Siem » 29 Dec 2017, 10:29

emenem wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 20:25
popijopi wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 13:06
I hope they use the money for a turnpad on the beginning runway 21 instead of E3...
What kind of use do you foresee for such a turn pad? Wasn't the route from E1 via E to E2/D already adapted to accommodate Cat E/F planes when Delta was under construction? If so, a turn pad at the beginning of 21 to taxi to E2 over the runway would not be the most logical investment. I guess an E3 would be the most efficient spending of money given the advantages, as it increases runway capacity quite a bit.

emenem

Post by emenem » 29 Dec 2017, 14:28

Siem wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 10:29
What kind of use do you foresee for such a turn pad? Wasn't the route from E1 via E to E2/D already adapted to accommodate Cat E/F planes when Delta was under construction? If so, a turn pad at the beginning of 21 to taxi to E2 over the runway would not be the most logical investment. I guess an E3 would be the most efficient spending of money given the advantages, as it increases runway capacity quite a bit.
If E1 is blocked, for example due to repairs of the tarmac or concrete, the Delta apron can't be used because the widebodies can't turn on the runway (beginning 21). So if you want to use Delta apron 365 days a year and have an efficient operation with in- and outbound traffic, a turnpad on the begining runway 21 should be the first option. There after E3 or even E4 with a 45 degree angle would be very nice.

jje003

Post by jje003 » 30 Dec 2017, 00:58

There is no need for an extra taxiway as airplanes are able to turn around on 2 pads on the 21 and are able to expedite when requested.
If it's going to be critical ATC will just delay vector the other a/c and restrict their speed on arrival. It would be a complete waste of money and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of other investments needed on facilities which have a much higher priority. Also the new terminal is in the middle and even with the increased traffic flow the airport still won't be dense enough to actually facilitate a new taxiway.

koeniedb

Post by koeniedb » 30 Dec 2017, 07:11

I think we Will see an expansion of the D apron with D1 and D2 position first. My guess would be they also will make a big truck parking between the cargo east terminal and the Europalaan with facilities (level 2 or 3 TPA) for drivers as this is getting more and more a problem with increasing cargo. After that it won't surprise me if we would get D5 and D6 with a E3 exit from the runway and a 3rd expansion of the terminal. There are also forwarders looking to move from AMS to MST with their warehouse because of limited growth.

limburgwiki

Post by limburgwiki » 30 Dec 2017, 09:16

In 2018 a lot of constructionworks will start; 2nd JAN the terminal make-over starts. D1+D2 somewhere mid 2018 and expansion of warehouses firstpart of 2018. No idea about plans for E3 at this moment.

Siem

Post by Siem » 30 Dec 2017, 13:17

Very interesting and great developments. Thanks for this info Limburgwiki. :)

Although I was merely responding on the theoretical case of another turnpad vs a taxiway, a agree with jje003 that there are more pressing investments on the agenda at the moment. ;)
These users thanked the author Siem for the post:
jje003

popijopi

Post by popijopi » 30 Dec 2017, 17:01

popijopi wrote:
22 Dec 2017, 10:09
Corendon reports that things are going well for S18 at MAA. Better than expected !

ALREADY 10000 BOOKINGS MADE.

It looks that some flightdays are nearly fully booked .
Corendon reports that nearly 15000 customers have already made a booking for S18 with departure from MAA.

see also newspaper De Limburger of today (30/12) article ; MAA favoriet bij toeristen .

SpottertechYT

Post by SpottertechYT » 04 Jan 2018, 00:45

Both SAY-Freighters actually on ground at Baku....Haven't flown in the new year until now...Somebody know more?