Terminal / Infrastructure improvements

Aviation chat, general information & rumours about Maastricht Aachen Airport
Multiverse

Re: Terminal / Infrastructure improvements

Post by Multiverse » 10 May 2018, 17:06

Anyone have some final pictures of the inside? As I assume, that the interior is almost finished?

Thanks!

Cargolouk

Post by Cargolouk » 10 May 2018, 20:00

Multiverse wrote:
10 May 2018, 17:06
Anyone have some final pictures of the inside? As I assume, that the interior is almost finished?

Thanks!
There are no pictures at the moment from an ready interior off the terminal inside,there is many work to do!!
Kind Regards/Greetz
Louk

The sky is the limit … but the opportunities are unlimited!

27L

Post by 27L » 02 Jun 2018, 22:22

I noticed some works going on outside the terminal by Arrivals. Have they started working on the exterior of the terminal ?

popijopi

Post by popijopi » 03 Jun 2018, 18:16

27L wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 22:22
I noticed some works going on outside the terminal by Arrivals. Have they started working on the exterior of the terminal ?
See fb page of We love Maastricht Aachen Airport for some new pics of the outside and new entrance of the terminal.
These users thanked the author popijopi for the post:
27L

popijopi

Post by popijopi » 03 Oct 2018, 12:36

As David mentioned in lounge section New hub onnections, date oct. 2th.

The departure area is quite busy before the 2 Corendon planes will leave.

and yes I am worried too that the terminal can not cope with higher peak moments . ( 3 or even more planes)

At the time of building the terminal with a capacity of 700.000 pax. a year . Most planes using MAA were much smaller (cityhoppers to Amsterdam) and some summer charters to holiday destinations. ( Martinair/spanair DC9.)

Nowadays planes have more capacity and also security checks needs more pace. As planned by the airport for 2019, pax. volume will increase to 350.000 on year base and for me that is also the max. limit for the existing terminal.

I hope MAA will have a good financial year and hopefully find some sources to invest in expansion . ( priority 1 enlargement cargo east , next ?? )
not possible to solve all bottle-necks at the same time.

Siem

Post by Siem » 03 Oct 2018, 19:24

popijopi wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 12:36
As David mentioned in lounge section New hub onnections, date oct. 2th.

The departure area is quite busy before the 2 Corendon planes will leave.

and yes I am worried too that the terminal can not cope with higher peak moments . ( 3 or even more planes)

At the time of building the terminal with a capacity of 700.000 pax. a year . Most planes using MAA were much smaller (cityhoppers to Amsterdam) and some summer charters to holiday destinations. ( Martinair/spanair DC9.)

Nowadays planes have more capacity and also security checks needs more pace. As planned by the airport for 2019, pax. volume will increase to 350.000 on year base and for me that is also the max. limit for the existing terminal.

I hope MAA will have a good financial year and hopefully find some sources to invest in expansion . ( priority 1 enlargement cargo east , next ?? )
not possible to solve all bottle-necks at the same time.
Given the legacy of the current management, I'm not that worried. With Eindhoven passenger-wise and Schiphol cargo-wise in their vains, I cannot imagine they would not see such a bottleneck either.

limburgwiki

Post by limburgwiki » 03 Oct 2018, 20:25

Als ik het goed heb begrepen komt er binnen twee jaar een geheel nieuwe terminal, met voldoende uitbreid capaciteit

Multiverse

Post by Multiverse » 03 Oct 2018, 21:30

limburgwiki wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 20:25
Als ik het goed heb begrepen komt er binnen twee jaar een geheel nieuwe terminal, met voldoende uitbreid capaciteit
That seems abit counter productive? Then why did they spend money on renewing the "old terminal" just to replace it anyhow?

Could someone please explain haha.